So . . . now what?
Would it not be highly beneficial for genus Homo* to take this ‘Forest Wisdom’ out of seclusion (off the cushion) and into a wider world? Are we not all in great need of it (whether we know or no)? Mahatma Gandhi’s famous admonition, “The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others,” is as valid as ever.
Consider how your persona**, gentle reader, playing its role, might bring your heart off the cushion into a wider world. Here is but one pathway you may wish to explore:
- Donald Rothberg has created
- A Web page of Resources,
- A Book, The Engaged Spiritual Life: A Buddhist Approach to Transforming Ourselves and the World,
- Over 400 Dharma Talks, and
- A personal Website.
- Are you already so engaged? If so, a deep bow of appreciation and my heartfelt thanks.
Please respond below, and let us know about it. Who knows, your post may inspire others to take similar steps.
- Who else do you know who is providing an example of appropriately-engaged Buddhist wisdom?
If you already know of such a person or organization, please share the information below.
A Deep Bow of appreciation to all who feel moved to respond. It matters, you know.